Fountainhead Essay Contest –a Contest which is Different to Others
Find Details on Fountainhead Essay Contests from The Ayn Rand Institute
Many essay contests are available for students to take part in. These contests provide students with the ability to show off their writing skills. So, if you are a student who is good with essays you should take part in one of these essay contests. Winning essays from many contests are published online and in various newsletters, magazines and journals. This is a plus point for students. It is important for students to know which contests the most worthwhile are. One such essay contest is the Fountainhead essay contest.
Comparing the Essay Contest to Others
The Fountainhead essay contest is open to students in grade 11 and 12 all over the world. Many contests provide students with English essay topics to write their essays. This contest however, requires you to write your essays on topics based on the book, the Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. The difference with this essay contest and some others is that most contests award prizes for first, second and third place winners, while this contest gives out more than 235 awards ranging in from $50 – $10000.
Rules and Regulations.
As with all other essay contests the Fountainhead essay contests too, have rules and regulations which need to be adhered to.
- Only students in grades 11 and 12 can take part in this contest.
- Written essays should include the student’s name, address, email, and address of school, the topic the essay is written on and the grade of the students on a seperate cover page attached to the essay. Essays sent disregarding this information will be disqualified.
- The essays need to be written clearly and should be double spaced with no less than 800 words and no more than 1600 words.
- Students are permitted to send only one essay for the contest. Sending additional entries will result in disqualification.
- Essays which are plagiarised will not qualify for the contest.
Judging of the Essays
Fountainhead essay contests will be judged as all other contests. The essays will be judged on content, style, logical organization, etc. Students will need to select from 3-4 optional essay topics published for the competition, to write their essays. Therefore, students should do their best to write their essays in the proper manner. If they have to write their essays in an argumentative manner, they should write an argumentative essay. The judges selected are knowledgeable with the writings of Ayn Rand. Therefore, students need to study the novel carefully and understand its contents before writing the essay. As this novel is a common assignment for 11 and 12 graders, this should not pose a problem.
Your essays should be written in a manner which is suitable to the topics. If the topic requires you to write the essay in a persuasive manner, apply the persuasive essay format. The message conveyed by the story and the broader significance of it should be mentioned. Whichever way it is written, ensure that you understand the