Dramatic Comedy in Two Acts
developed in the Actors Studio PDW and the Naked Angels
A commitment-phobic gay man, his insecure younger sister, their naive but loving mother and their absent father gather for the sister's wedding, which the brother is officiating, and confront long-standing fears and resentments that threaten all of their relationships.
Advanced in consideration for the Sundance screenwriters lab 2012 & 2013
Loopy, 2004, S-16mm, 20 min.
Horror / dark comedy short adapted from NY Times bestselling author Ruth Rendell
When amateur actor Colin Highsmith finishes his role as the big, bad wolf in a local community theatre production of "Little Red Riding Hood" he puts the costume away for safe keeping. But the costume is not safe..and neither is Colin. Starring Tony award winning Elizabeth Franz and Drama Desk award nominee Michael Countryman.
- "A cheerfully nasty fairy tale study in domestic claustrophobia and latent psychosis" - Cinematexas
- Film festivals: Clermont-Ferrand, Cinequest, NY Horror, Palm Springs shorts, others
- TV broadcast: I.F.C.
Awards: 1st runner up HBO short film contest, Hallmark Entertainment development grant
Coca-Cola Spot, 2003, S-16mm, 50 sec.
Awards: National finalist
2003 Coca-Cola refreshing filmmaker contest
Twisted, 1997, 35mm, 100 min.
Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist reimagined in a 1990's New York City downtown subculture of prostitutes, drug addicts and drag queens. Starring Oscar nominee William Hickey and Tony award winners Billy Porter, Anthony Crivello and Elizabeth Franz.
"A stylized, operatic fable of innocence and corruption. It's world and that of Dickens is one and the same."
- The Los Angeles Times
- Produced: MiraVista Films
- Distributed: Leisure Time Features (US), ProFun (Europe)
- TV Broadcast: Bravo (US, UK & Canada)
Festivals: Berlin, London, Seattle; New York, Chicago, Philadelphia gay & lesbian, others
- Museum of Modern Art permanent film collection (2012)
- Audience award Turin & Ottawa gay and lesbian film festivals